Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Labels

14 August 2016

Square One

  • 9:00 PM
  • by
My adolescent life revolved around the internetmainly because technology was starting to take over people's livesspecifically people of my generation.  I was 14 when the only requirement needed to getting to sit with the cool kids is owning a Tumblr blog, or so I thought. Mine contained diary-like writing accompanied by low-quality pictures from my BlackBerry 8520, to document what has been. 


The good and the badit was all in that little corner of the internet. Yes, I am giving you the permission to imagine the exaggeration then. 

Words are my only weapons. Thus, having my raw written emotions used against me, basically felt like I was aiming the gun to myself. Pretty intense for an all girl high school catty situation. I have been in and out of the industry since then. 

The funny thing is that my 17 year old self  actually made a vow to never permit the world to unravel hidden parts of me through a blog. I may have forgotten how irony always finds its way. For some deranged reason, a part of me will always crave to write just for the heck of it. 

Hence, the birth of a new journal. I am quite lost with how I'm going about with this new beginning. However, there's one thing I'm sure about; Out with the old, in with the new. If there's one mistake I'd like to undo, it would be barring my soul to the world. And if I should share the greatest lesson in all of this, it's definitely how otherwise is better; that nothing beats a little mystery.

I had to close many chapters to be able to write better ones. I struggled through finding what I wanted to do and being what I wanted to be. I am driven to be anything but my own antagonist. It's 2016 and I'm excited to be myself. 

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna Veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

4 comments:

  1. Omg hi Ate Cae! I finally saw your blog after a long hiatus. :D

    Kai // Kitty Journal (www.kittyjournal.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kai! It's been quite a long time. I hope I can keep up with it and keep it this time. Haha :)

      Delete
  2. I totally agree that nothing beats a little mystery. I also used to be waaaay too open about my life when I was in myteens bu t as I slowly mature, I realized that it won't hurt to have a bit of online privacy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But there's surprisingly a stinch of regret I deleted my old blog/s.

      Delete

Facebook